Quirky, and proud of it.




STC - Day 4


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Friday started out as at least one of my days here had to. I went in to my dad's work and got introduced to all his workmates. I can't begin to count just how many times I explained the rough direction of my trip to people. I'm thinking of investing in a sign on my forehead that says*:

NJ/NYC -> Copenhagen (June 13th).Contiki tour around Scandinavia and Russia.
-> Stockholm (July 15th). Herrang Dance camp - YAY!
-> Amsterdam (July 25th).
-> Munich (August 1st), followed by traipsing around through Austria and Poland, ending up in Prague.
-> London (August 26th), and another month of further UK wandering.
-> Frankfurt/Bonn (September 28th).
-> Beijing (October 2nd), then I take a tour down to Kunming, then make my own way to Hanoi where I join another tour which takes me through Vietnam and Cambodia to Bangkok. I take another tour in just Thailand, which brings me back to Bangkok.
-> Sydney (December 13th).

* Please note, all flight dates are currently approximate and subject to change if and when I feel so inclined. But they are unlikely to move by more than 3-4 days.

Unfortunately, that sort of message would take up quite a lot of room on my forehead, and people might get a tad distracted while I try and talk to them like a normal person.

In any case, after visiting with the funky physics people here at Rutgers, I then went to chat with the Psych people to see if they had any interesting seminars or lectures running that I could join in on. Unfortunately, the Summer Break status of the uni meant that nothing was on at all. And the maze-like design of the psych building meant that I couldn't find the main psych office at all. I was just lucky to find my way out of there. :)

I couldn't go to NY that afternoon, either as we'd been invited to go to dinner at the house of some of my parents' friends. This was good fun, food was yummy, and their 2-year-old is extremely cute. And although I tend to scare small children most of the time, he got fairly used to me by the end of the evening and was happy to play ball with me. Woo.
They had fun, too, apparently, since we've been invited back again next Friday night.


0 Responses to “STC - Day 4”

Leave a Comment

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


My Photo

Name: Swish Lish

Location: Sydney, Australia

  • My profile
  • I like swing dancing and I have a dragon. What more do you need to know?

  • E-mail me: swishlish(at)gmail.com
  • MSN me: flippantgirl@hotmail.com

Previous posts



Random Flickr Pics


Links

Archives



Who links here