Quirky, and proud of it.




Who ever thought parents could be so cruel?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My brother's birthday's coming up in the next few days. He'll be 32. My parents, being overseas as they are, tend to just send us birthday cards for the most part. This year, they included a small gift in with the card. It's a pack of "Healthy Aging" pills.

I realise the sentiment behind this gift is to encourage him to be healthy and well, but I can only wonder if they realise that by sending him a pack of pills aimed at the senior geriatric market - the people really worried about aging gracefully - that they're telling him he's old. Very old, in fact.

The thing that really cracks me up, though, is that clearly, they're serious about the gift. It's not just a poke in the ribs to make fun of his ever-increasing years. Most people would give him walking frame or something similar to make that point. But no, they said in the card that if he wants more of the Healthy Aging pills they can order him a few boxes and send them over. They're more than willing to.

The final icing on the cake, however, is that the envelope containing the card and the pills got searched by customs on the way through. People concerned that the contents of the card is both safe and legal. And while it's disappointing that the pills got through ok, I can still say proudly:

My parents are turning into drug dealers. :)


0 Responses to “Who ever thought parents could be so cruel?”

Leave a Comment

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


My Photo

Name: Swish Lish

Location: Sydney, Australia

  • My profile
  • I like swing dancing and I have a dragon. What more do you need to know?

  • E-mail me: swishlish(at)gmail.com
  • MSN me: flippantgirl@hotmail.com

Previous posts



Random Flickr Pics


Links

Archives



Who links here