Quirky, and proud of it.




No Williams were harmed in the making of this quality product.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It was my brother's birthday recently. And, as many people his age and gender tend to be rather immature, a friend of mine got him this as a gift:



A bubble-making kit. You know the ones. You dip the wand in the bubble-goo and blow through it to make bubbles fly wild and free. It's good fun. Particularly when you're bed-bound and are trying to annoy nurses. :) Suffice it to say, my brother loved this gift and couldn't get enough of it for a good 10 minutes.

But take a closer look at the packaging. At the warnings, more specifically:



Yes, you read right. It says WILL WANG INSIDE. And it can't just be a typo because it's written in the pink-coloured bubble on the left, too.

Now, this just leads me to wonder what the manufacturers meant by this charming declaration.

Is there a small Chinese man inside called Will Wang? Can I rub the side and be rewarded with three wishes of my choosing coming true? I wouldn't mind keeping him as a pet, to be honest. He would come in handy for eavesdropping purposes.

Or did they just strip him of his manhood and squeeze it into the bottle? Does that mean that I don't want to know what the key ingredient in these bubbles is? Is this the Chinese human equivalent of milking rats?

Alternatively, they may have used wang as a verb. The bottle my brother used may have been rather defective. It didn't transform into anything even remotely wang-shaped when brought indoors. Unless that's the size and shape of remote chinese wangs in sweatshop conditions. Who knows. If so, I pity the women.

In any case, god bless Engrish. There's nothing like it for providing unending amusement to people like me. :)


0 Responses to “No Williams were harmed in the making of this quality product.”

Leave a Comment

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


My Photo

Name: Swish Lish

Location: Sydney, Australia

  • My profile
  • I like swing dancing and I have a dragon. What more do you need to know?

  • E-mail me: swishlish(at)gmail.com
  • MSN me: flippantgirl@hotmail.com

Previous posts



Random Flickr Pics


Links

Archives



Who links here