Quirky, and proud of it.




i had my birthday the other day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Woo. I'm 24.

My birthday was very different to usual. Firstly, I had it while I was in Munich, which is definitely different to usual. Secondly, it was at my uncle's place with my parents there. I haven't spent my birthday with my parents since '99. And none of my friends were around. But that's ok, because I still received emails and SMSes from them.
The main thing that I found that was strange was that in such a situation where there were a number of really sick individuals, there was a reason for me to focus on myself, and yet it felt so excessive and frivolous for me to think of myself.
It's hard to explain.
Usually, I'm perfectly happy to take the limelight, but I just wasn't there. I think it has to do with the desperate situation that they're in. Each night, they pray for a miracle. Literally - they do a round of the rosary. I've joined in. It's kind of mind-blowing to think of having exhausted all the options and being left with only religion to keep your hopes up. You hear about these situations, but it's odd to be in the midst of one, yourself.

And here I was, in the middle of my 6 month round-the-world trip celebrating a birthday during what will probably be one of the best times of my life. Bit of a contrast, don't you think?

Strange birthday.


1 Responses to “i had my birthday the other day”
  1. Blogger Adam 1.0 

    Happy Birthday too! Good to see August stacked to the brim with blogging birthdays.

Leave a Comment

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


My Photo

Name: Swish Lish

Location: Sydney, Australia

  • My profile
  • I like swing dancing and I have a dragon. What more do you need to know?

  • E-mail me: swishlish(at)gmail.com
  • MSN me: flippantgirl@hotmail.com

Previous posts



Random Flickr Pics


Links

Archives



Who links here