Quirky, and proud of it.




I'm being eaten alive!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's raining outside as I write this, and that just encourages the mosquitoes and froggies to come out of hiding. I like the cute little froggies as they hop across the road, but I could really do without the millions of blood-sucking mini-vultures zooming around constantly.

Another couple of dance-filled days have passed and I've officially crossed over into swing-dance-obsessed freak territory. The other night I stayed up social dancing till 9 am, and only got off the dance floor to have a shower, breakfast and go to my class which started at 10 am.

By the end of 4 hours of classes that day, though, I was walking around like a swing-dazed vegetable. I caught a few hours of sleep and then headed out to the social dance floor once more.

That's just what it's like here, though. You alternate between swing dancing, sleeping and eating with the occasional shower thrown in as well.

Walking into Herrang is one of the weirdest experiences ever. Time stands still as you enter this swing-dance bubble of existence where music is playing constantly from one building or another and people are frequently seen dancing in the streets. I've done it myself. It's actually a lot like living in a musical, except that the clothes are pretty contemporary. People describe Herrang as the Mecca for swing dancers, and it's so true. The world's best come and dance and it's damn cool.

Not surprisingly, people get addicted to this place and don't want to leave. I've personally extended my stay from one week to just under two. And it would have been longer if the camp kept going and i had more time. But at this stage while I'm willing to cut out a couple extra days in Stockholm, I not willing to cut out Amsterdam altogether. As such, a week from today, I will be in Amsterdam, hopefully with many more tales to share.


0 Responses to “I'm being eaten alive!”

Leave a Comment

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


My Photo

Name: Swish Lish

Location: Sydney, Australia

  • My profile
  • I like swing dancing and I have a dragon. What more do you need to know?

  • E-mail me: swishlish(at)gmail.com
  • MSN me: flippantgirl@hotmail.com

Previous posts



Random Flickr Pics


Links

Archives



Who links here