Quirky, and proud of it.




Oh, what has become of good customer service?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Also known as Ding Ding #2.

A few weeks ago I embarked on the very noble cause of finding myself some sort of employment to fund my overseas gallavanting. In this cause I sent off my resume to half a dozen highly esteemed recuitment companies and waited patiently for the job offers to roll in. As mentioned, I had one quasi job offer which she took back as soon as she saw me, (the polite equivalent of a shriek, run and hide) with the promise that she'll let me know if anything else comes up. Of course, I have not heard anything since from her.

Recruiter number 2 advanced towards me with a reasonable role, only a few minutes drive from home. I took up the position and then proceeded to have my world turned upside down by a certain sibling landing stupidly in hospital on the weekend before I was to start said work. Needless to say, I had to turn down the delightful offer after only a week of working there based on the fact that I now do not have enough time to work there, visit him and maintain some semblance of a social life.

I know, it's a selfish thing to say, but with him likely to stay in hospital for another month or so, I wasn't particularly thrilled with the prospect of forgoing my beloved swing activities. As such, I've toned down my working hours to just part time. The second recruiter was very understanding with regards to my situation and told me to let him know when I next need his services. Not to make him sound like a male prostitute, or, well... a pimp, but, you know. Consultants are evil. :)

In any case, I've been working part time for the last 2 weeks and had all but forgotten the remaining 4 recruitment agencies I'd sent my resume off to. It's been three weeks; if a man had promised to ring and hadn't in that time, I would have plotted his untimely demise, executed it and reaped many financial benefits by now. :) But as this is a slightly different case, I just ignored them ignoring me and forgot about the insult they were presenting to me.

Until this morning. When I received a phone call in regards to my resume sent three weeks ago. Needless to say, she was told that I am currently employed and that I might call her when I need her services. That, of course, will happen right after I voluntarily poke out some vital organ of mine with a spoon.
And yes, I PRETENDED to take down the number she told me to call. I said all the right 'uh-huh's and she went away thinking that she may one day get a call from me...

But no, she'll have to wait. And wait. And then she'll get NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!

Mwahahahaha. :)


0 Responses to “Oh, what has become of good customer service?”

Leave a Comment

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me


My Photo

Name: Swish Lish

Location: Sydney, Australia

  • My profile
  • I like swing dancing and I have a dragon. What more do you need to know?

  • E-mail me: swishlish(at)gmail.com
  • MSN me: flippantgirl@hotmail.com

Previous posts



Random Flickr Pics


Links

Archives



Who links here